International Plastics, Printing and Packaging Trade Show
Plast Iraq serving the rapidly growing Iraqi market for plastics, printing and packaging
Impressive figures confirm how fast Iraq is developing in the plastics, printing and packaging industry.
Iraq‘s imports of plastic raw materials grew by 24% annually between 2011 and 2020, from 40 kt to 285 kt.
The country’s plastic consumption per capita increased by 23% annually over the past years, from 0.5 kg in 2009 to 7.2 kg in 2022 and is estimated at 9.0 kg in 2026. (EUROMAP)
Between 2017 and 2021
• Iraq’s imports of plastics technology was up with an annual growth rate of 16.6%, from €20 million to €37 million
• Iraq’s printing & paper technology imports have grown by 33.8% annually, from €5 to €16 million
• Imports of packaging technology increased by 12.7% annually, from €49 million to €89 million. (VDMA)
See detailed figures on the Iraqi plastprintpack market.
Plast Iraq & Agro Pack Iraq
Professionals only event representing the entire value chain
• Plast Iraq features plastic raw material in primary forms as well as machinery and equipment for plastics processing, printing and packaging
• Agro, Agro Pack & Food Iraq cover agriculture, food and beverage processing & packaging and the food trade