Expo 2021 Doha, Qatar, the International Horticultural Expo 2021 will be hosted by the State of Qatar.
Green Desert, Better Environment
One third of the world’s land surface is threatened by desertification. The amount of arid land increases by 12 million hectares each year, making it a global problem. The chosen theme for Expo 2021 in Doha is “Green Desert, Better Environment”, inspiring visitors by proposing solutions to promote a prosperous green life in the desert, in fruitful international cooperation.
Expo 2021 Doha, Qatar has 4 subthemes:
Modern Agriculture, Technology & Innovation, Environmental Awareness and Sustainability.
Expo 2021 Qatar will be organized in the context that climate, water and soil are indispensable and endangered resources. Based on the Qatar National Vision 2030 the objectives of Expo 2021 Qatar are:
• Host the first horticultural exhibition in a region with a desert climate
• Invite the global horticultural sector to share knowledge and experience in support of the Qatar National Vision 2030.
• To lead the region in how the Green City Concept can be applied in the Middle East
• Encourage horticultural innovation around the climate, water and soil situation in Qatar
• To stimulate international investments and business opportunities for foreign countries in Qatar
• Establish a connection between green, sport and human health
• Develop an “international park” in support of the FIFA World Cup 2022